Verifying EVO Map types
Difference between EVO ID4 and ID5/6 maps
Last Update il y a un an
Check the map version in your vehicle by going to your iDrive Navigation View, open the Settings menu and scroll down to Navigation System Version. You will see the region, map version and year of your current map.
There are two types of EVO maps as follows:
- EVO ID4 maps – These maps are available on older vehicles and allow manual entry of OneTime and LifeTime FSC Code using the iDrive Controller in your car when updating maps with a USB flash disk.
- EVO ID5/6 maps – These maps are available on newer models and do not allow manual entry of FSC codes when updating maps.
How do I determine my EVO map type?
You can determine your map type using one of the following methods:
- ID4 – This is the older iDrive system and can be recognized by the layout of the Main Menu as shown in the image below.
- ID5 and ID6 – EVO ID5/ID6 was developed as a successor to NBT and NBT Evo ID4, and has a completely different hardware as well as a new user interface.These are both the same underlying iDrive system.
- The only difference is in the layout – ID6 has bigger tiles and from the start menu you can see only three of them, while ID5 has all the main menu options on one screen.
- All the features and functionalities between ID5 and ID6 are exactly the same, it’s just a matter of look and feel which can be changed with a simple USB coding.
- You can ask one of our agents via Live Chat on the website to identify your map type by sharing the last 7 digits of your VIN.